Thank you for using your time and energy to help raise funds for nutritious school lunches in Rwanda! We want you to succeed; on this page, there are multiple resources to aid you in your efforts. We’re full of hope for the impact you will make!
ABOUT THE FOOD AND CARE PROGRAM
Food is vital to Africa New Life’s mission of reducing poverty in Rwanda through education: students can’t learn if they are hungry. To help students excel, Africa New Life provides more than 1.5 million lunches each year through its Food and Care Program. These meals help transform the lives of students in Africa New Life schools and in our sponsorship program, families in need of emergency relief, and future pastors at the Africa College of Theology.
Download our Food and Care Program brochure:
PLANNING YOUR FUNDRAISER
- Choose your location, date range, and time.
- See if friends, neighbors, family, or church members want to join you!
- Set up your Facebook fundraiser by clicking here. Facebook fundraisers are a great way for people everywhere to participate in your event. Online donations are tax deductible, and Facebook takes no fees!
- Let people choose how much to give rather than asking for a certain amount per donation. People can even make checks payable to Africa New Life that you can mail to our office at the end of your Lemons or Cocoa for Meals event.
- We can send you Food and Care brochures to offer interested people. We can also create a unique sponsorship web link to student profiles for your event or supply physical sponsorship cards for you to offer. This is not required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org at least a month in advance of your event so we can have everything to you on time!
- Have fun telling your community that you will be holding a lemonade or cocoa stand to raise money for Africa New Life! Use this toolkit’s sample emails, texts, and social media posts! Put up fliers, post on social media, and contact local businesses to get the word out!
- Remember to share about Africa New Life’s Food and Care Program! Develop an emotionally compelling WHY behind your fundraiser and be ready to share it.
Thank you again for choosing Lemons or Cocoa for Meals and for your efforts to support students in Rwanda with daily, nutritious lunches. As our gift to you, we’ve handled the marketing for you! When you share about your fundraiser with your friends, family, and connections, here are a few templates and talking points for email and social media that you can use for inspiration:
- Did you know that for $25, we can provide 30 meals to students in Rwanda? You can help transform the life of a child with the gift of food!
- I am hosting a lemonade/hot chocolate stand to support Africa New Life’s Food and Care Program because they have spent 20 years equipping students through education to end cycles of poverty in Rwanda. They want to ensure all students receive healthy lunches that can keep them growing and learning regardless of what’s available at home!
- I love their mission and want to help. I am hosting a lemonade stand to raise $250 or more for Africa New Life’s Food and Care Program. No donation is too big or small. Here is my fundraising link to support me as I take steps to wipe out poverty in Rwanda! [Fundraising link.] No fees will be taken, and 100% of the funds will go directly to Africa New Life.
- Thank you for any support, whether it be coming to visit my lemonade/hot chocolate stand or learning more about Africa New Life at africanewlife.org.
- Becoming a monthly food donor is THE most effective way to help children who need it most. Monthly gifts help keep the school lunch program at Africa New Life, ensuring that we can continue to provide nutritious, consistent meals to students who need them.
- I am supporting Africa New Life’s Food and Care Program because students in Rwanda are fighting their way out of poverty by getting an education, and children cannot learn if they are hungry! $6 pays for a student to eat for one week! $25 provides enough meals for one month!
- The price of food in Rwanda has doubled in only a few years. Whether because of sheer poverty, land scarcity, or drought conditions, many families in Rwanda struggle to find enough food to eat consistently. But for $6, a student can eat for a week!
- Did you know an average meal in Rwanda costs $0.83, which means $25 provides food for a student for a month. We are raising money to help Africa New Life’s Food and Care Program through Lemons/Cocoa for Meals! To make a donation click here: [fundraising link].
- If you sponsor: I’ve been sponsoring [student’s name] with Africa New Life for [number of months/years]. They have become a huge part of my family’s life here, as we are to them. In honor of [student’s name], I will be hosting a lemonade/hot chocolate stand this month and would love your support. All donations made will go to help Africa New Life’s Food and Care Program to help children like [student’s name] in Rwanda. Just head over to this link to check out more about my lemonade/hot chocolate stand and make a donation: [fundraising link].
DOWNLOADABLE LOGO AND PHOTOS
As you prepare and share about your fundraiser, we encourage you to use some of our photos and a Lemons for Meals logo. Are you thinking about making a t-shirt, water bottle, or sticker with the Lemons for Meals logo? Click here to watch a YouTube video and learn how you can make a custom t-shirt; if you would like additional ideas or guidance, email email@example.com.
Download photos and the official Lemons for Meals logo: