Africa New Life exists to transform lives and communities through Preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Acts of Compassion.
At Africa New Life, we believe that education is the key to helping children escape the cycle of poverty. But while educational sponsorship is central to our ministry, we recognize that children also need other key factors to succeed: a growing faith, a developing community, and a healthy body. The video below demonstrates how we have seen our model play out in the lives we touch every day.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class difference.
- More than 10,000 students are now sponsored through Africa New Life.
- More than 700 students are now supported in post-secondary programs through scholarships or sponsorships.
- Nearly 500 students complete their high school degree or a vocational equivalent through the sponsorship program.
- Africa New Life launches a new sponsorship community in Karangazi, a rural district in northeastern Rwanda. Planning begins for a sponsorship office and church building.
- 57 pastors, leading a combined total of more than 10,000 congregants, complete the first-ever ACT Mobile program, a branch of Africa College of Theology, to receive training in homiletics, discipleship, and more.
- More than 9,000 children are now sponsored through Africa New Life.
- Ten friends and staff of Africa New Life climb Mount Kilimanjaro as a fundraiser for college scholarships for former sponsored students and Africa College of Theology students.
- The Dream Medical Center Hospital, the second largest private hospital in Rwanda, opens to the public.
- Construction is completed on a new church and two new dormitories at New Life Christian High School in Kayonza.
- More than 1,200 students and parents receive Christ in our communities.
- 344 ministry leaders, pastors, and high school students graduate from Africa College of Theology.
- Construction is completed on the Dream Medical Center and preparations begin for it to open to the public in Spring 2018.
- Africa New Life now supports more than 140 post-secondary or university students in college and vocational programs around the world.
- 190 students are now being educated for ministry at Africa College of Theology through its traditional diploma, certificate, and Bachelor’s programs. An additional 500+ individuals per year are taking advantage of TOEFEL and English classes, CPA training, the college discipleship program, and leadership/training partnerships with partnering ministries and organizations.
- New Life Bible Church Rubavu is launched on Easter Sunday 2017.
- Thirteen friends and staff of Africa New Life climb Mount Kilimanjaro as a fundraiser for the Dream Medical Center.
- Two New Life Christian High School students receive perfect scores on their national exams and are ranked among the top students in the country.
- New Life Christian High School is internally ranked as third in the country for exam scores.
- Africa New Life launches a new sponsorship community in Rubavu, with more than 500 children sponsored in the first month alone.
- The first graduates of Africa College of Theology receive their diplomas.
- The Street Boys program in Kigali becomes the Dream Kids program, welcoming girls for the first time.
- Construction begins on the Dream Medical Center.
- Three new playgrounds are built on community campuses.
- Construction is completed on New Life Bible Church Bugesera and New Life Bible Church Kageyo (Kageyo B).
- New Life Christian High School opens in Kayonza.
- The Dream Leadership program begins, supporting students who have completed their secondary education and are hoping to go on to post-secondary studies.
- The Hadassah’s Hope program begins providing educational scholarships for young women who have a place to live but need assistance in covering college tuition.
- Africa New Life purchases land in Kayonza for a school garden, which now helps feed the community’s school children. A professional agronomist comes on board to oversee the garden.
- The Food Is campaign is launched, bringing new awareness to and raising funds for the school lunch programs in Rwanda.
- Africa New Life purchases property in Bugesera and breaks ground on a church and well. 100 people are baptized at New Life Bible Church Bugesera in the first year.
- Community nurses are established in all Africa New Life communities.
- More than 5,000 children are now sponsored.
- Africa College of Theology opens its doors to its first class of 35 students.
- A solar-powered well is built in Kageyo to move water nearly a kilometer to the Kageyo Primary School (Kageyo B). This remains one of the only water sources in the region.
- The Dream Daycare opens in Kigali to care for young children of Africa New Life staff and of women in the Dream Beauty Academy and Vocational Sewing Program.
- More than 3,000 children are now sponsored.
- Africa New Life begins running a second school in the community of Kageyo: Kageyo Primary School. A new sponsorship community is established around the school (Kageyo B).
- Through a partnership with Multnomah University, a 20,000 volume library is installed at Africa College of Theology.
- AÂ dormitory for girls is completed in Kayonza and 60 secondary-level girls move in.
- A dormitory for boys is completed in Kayonza for 150 New Life Christian Academy boys.
- Africa New Life opens Kibenga Primary School in Bugesera and a daily lunch program is launched there.
- The Dream Beauty Academy is founded as a program within the New Life Family Center, serving vulnerable women by training them in the cosmetology trade and offering them discipleship.
- Africa New Life schools continue to be exemplary. The New Life Christian Academy Secondary School tests as Rwanda’s number one school in 2011, Rwisirabo Primary Public School in Kageyo becomes the second best in its region, and New Life Christian Academy Primary School tests first in its province for the fourth consecutive year.
- Africa New Life Ministries partners withÂ Living Water International to repair four wells and drill four more, providing safe water for the people of Kayego.
- Kibenga Primary School in Bugesera, which was built by UNICEF, is given to Africa New Life by the government because of the remarkable results at New Life Christian Academy and Kageyo Primary School.
- A New Life Bible Church is established in Rwisirabo (Kageyo A).
- TheÂ Umucyo (Light) Home for former street children opens at New Life Christian Academy.
- Africa New Life Founder and President Charles Mugisha is named Chairman of the Forum for Born Again Churches of Rwanda.
- Construction begins on Africa College of Theology, as well as another New Life Bible Church and Child Sponsorship Center in Kageyo.
- Africa New Life assumes control and management of Rwisirabo Primary Public School in Kageyo and begins a school lunch program there.
- More than 2,000 children are now sponsored.
- New Life Christian Academy opens a secondary school and continues to be ranked as the 5th best academic primary school in Rwanda. Headmaster John Africa and two teachers are commissioned to design new nationwide curricula for English and Social Studies.
- Africa New Life partners with the Palau Association and the city of Kigali to host KigaliFest, reaching 80,000 people with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Africa New Life establishes a child sponsorship program in Kageyo.
- A daily lunch program is initiated at New Life Christian Academy.
- Orchards Children’s Home for orphans and desperate children opens on the campus of New Life Christian Academy.
- New Life Christian Academy is rated 5th in academics nationally and produces 3 of the top 10 national sixth grade scholars in Rwanda.
- Kigali Dream Center, Africa New Life’s national headquarters, opens to become the home of New Life Bible Church, the street children’s feeding and vocational program, the New Life Family Center for women, and The Mercy Network.
- Africa New Life partners with the Palau Association to hold evangelistic festivals in four cities, reaching 40,000 people with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Timothy Children’s Home for orphans and desperate children opens on the campus of New Life Christian Academy.
- New Life Christian Academy becomes the top school in Rwanda’s Eastern Province and produces a national debate champion.
- Esther Home is established in Kigali to house and support qualified female university students.
- Short-term mission teams begin providing food on a regular basis for the Kageyo Refugee Resettlement.
- 1,000 children are now sponsored.
- Grace, New Life, and Mercy Children’s Homes for orphans and desperate children open on the campus of New Life Christian Academy.
- The Life Center opens on the campus of New Life Christian Academy, providing a cafeteria for students and a meeting hall for New Life Bible Church Kayonza.
- The New Life Guest Home for short-term missionaries opens in Kigali.
- The New Life Family Center opens for the vocational and spiritual training of vulnerable women in Kigali.
- A feeding program is established for the thousands of street children who live in Kigali.
- Africa New Life’s sponsored childÂ Enric Sifa wins a national music competition and is invited to perform for Rwandan President Paul Kagame.
- New Life Nursery School grows and becomes New Life Christian Academy.
- New Life Bible Church is established in Kigali.
- Kanombe Home, a transitional home for former street children, opens in Kigali.
- New Life Nursery School is launched in Kayonza, supporting the original 29 students, who now have sponsors.
- Africa New Life Ministries is established in Rwanda by Pastor Charles Mugisha with his wife, Florence, and a group of friends including Marvin Eggleston, Tony Morones, Serena Morones, Marty Granger, Mike Tatlock, and Tim Robnett from the USA; Don Egan from England; and Specioza Dusabe Mukazaire and Fred Katagwa from Rwanda. They begin by choosing 29 children for sponsorship.
- Operational bases to support children in Rwanda begin in San Antonio, TX, and Portland, OR, in the U.S., in London, UK, and in Northern Ireland.
Our partners make this ministry their own and expand the scope of what Africa New Life does and whom Africa New Life touches! We couldn’t do anything we do without these important churches, businesses and organizations:
- Austin Oaks Church – Austin, TX
- Austin Stone Community Church – Austin, TX
- Bethany United Methodist – Austin, TX
- Bulverde United Methodist Church – San Antonio, TX
- Calvary Evangelical Free Church – Rochester, MN
- Christ United Methodist Church – Myrtle Beach, SC
- Christian Gospel Assemblies – Newberg, OR
- Christian Life Church – Austin, TX
- Church at Lake Mead – Henderson, NV
- Church on the Rock – New Haven, CT
- Cibolo Valley Baptist Church – Cibolo, TX
- Countryside Community Church – Sherwood, OR
- CrossBridge Community Church – San Antonio, TX
- Crossridge Church – Sherwood, OR
- Emmanuel Church – Greenwood, IN
- Emmaus Christian Church – Indianapolis, IN
- Fairfield Christian Reformed Church – Fairfield, CA
- Faith Community Church – Fort Atkinson, WI
- Faith Community Church of the Valley – Murrieta, CA
- Fellowship Bible Church – Little Rock, AR
- First Assembly of God – Loris, SC
- First Baptist Church of Boise – Boise, ID
- First Baptist Church of Casper – Casper, WY
- First Community Church of Port Orford – Port Orford, OR
- First MB Church – Wichita, KS
- Four Corners Community Church – Darien, IL
- Good Shepherd United Methodist Church – Cypress, TX
- Grace Bible Church – Houston, TX
- Grace Chapel – Wilsonville, OR
- Harbor Baptist Church – Winchester Bay, OR
- Heritage Valley Bible Church – Fillmore, CA
- Hope City Church – Houston, TX
- Immanuel Bible Church – Springfield, VA
- Imprint Church – Woodinville, WA
- Jacob’s Well – North Brunswick, NJ
- Lake Shores Church – Marble Falls, TX
- Lakeview Church – Indianapolis, IN
- Manassas Baptist Church – Manassas, VA
- Medway Village Church – Medway, MA
- Mosaic Church – Austin, TX
- Newberg Christian Church – Newberg, OR
- Old Town Church – Forest Grove, OR
- Parkway Community Church – Fairfield, CA
- Pocola First Baptist – Pocola, OK
- Redemption Christian Church – Jasper, IN
- River City Chapel – Columbia, SC
- River West Church – Lake Oswego, OR
- Rockpointe Church – Leander, TX
- Rockville Christian Church – Rockville, IN
- Science Hill Community Church – Alliance, OH
- Second Baptist Church – Corpus Christi, TX
- Sonrise Church – Hillsboro, OR
- Southside Baptist Church – Warner Robins, GA
- Southside Christian Church – Versailles, KY
- Springbrook Church – Plainfield, IL
- Summit Church – Boise, ID
- The Creek – Fort Worth, TX
- GraceWorks – Lacey, WA
- The Road – Colorado Springs, CO
- The Simple Church – Bossier City, LA
- The Village Church – Plano TX
- The Vine – Austin, TX
- Trinity Presbyterian Church – Boerne, TX
- Vox Church – New Haven, TX
- Wallace Church of God – Wallace, ID
- Wayside Chapel – San Antonio, TX
- Westside Christian – Roseburg, OR
- Willamette Christian – West Linn, OR
- Yamhill Christian Church – Yamhill, OR
- Carolina Holdings Group – Myrtle Beach, SC
- Fed by Bread – Austin, TX
- Freeman Motor Company – Portland, OR
- Instruments Ballet Academy – Oregon City, OR
- K&N Management – Austin, TX
- Mighty Fine Burgers – Austin, TX
- Passport Auto Group – Washington, DC
- Pivot Group – Portland, OR
- Pyle Financial ServicesÂ – Myrtle Beach, SC
- Relief Factor – Kirkland, WA
- Rudy’s BBQ – Austin, TX
- Saddleback Leather Co. – San Antonio, TX
- Sterling Communications – Portland, OR
ORGANIZATIONS AND FOUNDATIONS
- Action International
- Children’s Hunger Fund
- FreeSpirit Rwanda Child
- i58:10 Media
- Kenneth E. Leonard Family Foundation
- Kids Around the World
- Mission Increase
- M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust
- The Master’s Plan Foundation
- Next Generation Alliance
- New Life Threads
- Newman’s Own Foundation
- Numana, Inc.
- Palau Association
- Rock Ministries
- RSVP Trust
- Ten Talents International