New in 2013, each of the communities where Africa New Life works has a community nurse. Chantel works in Kayonza, Janet works with children in Bugesera, Rebecca is the nurse for children in Kageyo A, Doreen is in Kigali, and Ruth is in Kageyo B. These nurses work directly with each sponsored child in the community ensuring medical concerns are cared for quickly.
- Perform basic medical exams for sponsored children
- Assess sick children and accompany them to the community health center
- Provide special care for HIV positive children
- Visit sponsored children’s homes
- Assist medical teams on the ground
In 2016, we need to raise approximately $49,746 to cover the cost of all the nurses and the supplies they need for the year. Your one-time donation or $25 monthly donation ensures that community nurses continue their medical care for sponsored students and provide community education for the parents and guardians of children.Give to Support Community Nurses
Learn about Dream Medical Center