Africa New Life exists to transform lives and communities through Preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Acts of Compassion.
At Africa New Life, we believe that for educational sponsorship to succeed, children need a stable home, a growing faith, a community that is developing, and a healthy body. The video below demonstrates how we have seen our model play out in the lives we touch every day.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class difference.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
Integrity Proverbs 10:9
“The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out.”
Love and Compassion Matthew 25:35-40
“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Then the righteous will answer him ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you in prison and go to visit you?’ The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'”
Service Mark 10:45
“For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Stewardship 1 Corinthians 9:17
“If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust the trust committed to me.”
Generosity Mark: 12:41-44
“Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into to the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins , worth only a fraction of a penny. Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, ‘I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into to the treasury than all others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything-all she had to live on.'”
Excellence Colossians 3:23
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men.”
Team Work Romans 12:4-8
“Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man’s gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if teaching let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.”
- Africa New Life begins running a second school in the community of Kageyo: Kageyo Primary School.
- Through a partnership with Multnomah University, a 20,000 volume library is installed at Africa College of Theology.
- A dormitory for girls is funded and constructed in Kayonza. In January 2012, 60 secondary-level girls move in.
- Schools continue to be exemplary. The New Life Christian Academy Secondary School tests as Rwanda’s number one school in 2011, Rwisirabo Primary Public School in Kageyo becomes the second best in the nation, and New Life Christian Academy Primary School tests first in its province for the fourth consecutive year.
- Africa New Life Ministries partners with Living Water International, repairing four wells and drilling four more, providing safe water for the people of Kayego.
- The New Skills and Learning Center opens, and now provides a long-term home for both the women and the Street Children’s Ministry.
- Kibenga Primary School in Bugesera, which was built by UNICEF, is given to Africa Lew Life by the government based on the remarkable results at New Life Christian Academy and Kageyo Primary School. The school now has 400 students attending.
- The Umucyo (Light) Home for former street children opens at New Life Christian Academy.
- Africa New Life Founder and President Charles Mugisha is named Chairman of the Forum for Born Again Churches of Rwanda.
- Construction begins on Africa College of Theology and the vocational facility for street children at Kigali Dream Center, as well as another New Life Bible Church and Child Sponsorship Center in Kageyo.
- Africa New Life assumes control and management of Rwisirabo Primary Public School in Kageyo, beginning daily feeding and education of 1,000 students.
- More than 2,000 children are now sponsored receiving an education and spiritual nourishment by friends in Rwanda, the U.S., the UK, Canada and Northern Ireland, through Africa New Life.
- Kanombe Home for former street children moves from Kigali to the New Life Christian Academy campus in Kayonza.
- New Life Christian Academy opens a secondary school and continues to be ranked as the 5th best academic primary school in Rwanda. Headmaster John Africa and two teachers are commissioned to design new nationwide curriculums for English and Social Studies.
- Africa New Life partners with The Palau Association and the city of Kigali to host KigaliFest, reaching 80,000 with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Africa New Life establishes a child sponsorship program in Kageyo.
- Orchards Children’s Home for orphans and desperate children opens on the campus of New Life Christian Academy.
- New Life Christian Academy is rated 5th in academics nationally and produces 3 of the top 10 national sixth grade scholars in Rwanda.
- Kigali Dream Center, Africa New Life’s national headquarters, opens becoming the home of New Life Bible Church, the street children’s feeding and vocational program, New Life Family Center for women and The Mercy Network.
- Africa New Life partners with the Palau Association to hold evangelistic festivals in four cities reaching 40,000 people with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Timothy Children’s Home for orphans and desperate children opens on the campus of New Life Christian Academy.
- New Life Christian Academy becomes the top school in Rwanda’s Eastern Province and produces a national debate champion.
- Esther Home is established in Kigali to house and support qualified female university students.
- Short-term mission teams begin providing food on a regular basis for the Kageyo Refugee Re-settlement.
- 1,000 children are now educated and spiritually nurtured by Africa New Life through sponsorship by friends in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
- Grace, New Life and Mercy Children’s Homes for orphans and desperate children open on the campus of New Life Christian Academy.
- The Life Center opens on the campus of New Life Christian Academy, which provides a cafeteria for students and a meeting hall for the New Life Bible Church Kayonza.
- New Life Guest Home for short-term missionaries opens in Kigali.
- The New Life Family Center opens for the vocational and spiritual training of 70 women each year in Kigali.
- Feeding program is established for the thousands of street children who live in Kigali.
- Africa New Life’s sponsored child Enric Sifa wins a national music competition and is invited to perform for Rwandan President Paul Kagame.
- New Life Nursery School grows and becomes New Life Christian Academy.
- New Life Bible Church established in Kigali.
- Kanombe Home, a transitional home for former street children, opens in Kigali.
- After finding sponsors for the original 29 children, New Life Nursery School is launched in Kayonza.
- Africa New Life Ministries established in Rwanda by Pastor Charles Buregeya Mugisha with his wife, Florence, and a group of friends including Marvin Eggleston, Tony Morones, Serena Morones and Tim Robnett from the USA, Don Egan from England and Specioza from Rwanda. They begin by choosing 29 children for sponsorship.
- Operational bases to support children in Rwanda begin in the U.S. – San Antonio, TX and Portland, OR – and in Europe – London, UK and Northern Ireland.
Our partners make this ministry their own and expand the scope of what Africa New Life does and whom Africa New Life touches! We couldn’t do anything we do without these important churches, businesses and organizations:
- Austin Stone Community Church – Austin, TX
- Beach Church – Myrtle Beach SC
- Beaverton Foursquare – Beaverton, OR
- Church on the Rock – New Haven, CT
- Citywide Church – Bridgeport, CT
- Countryside Community Church – Sherwood, OR
- CrossBridge Community Church – San Antonio, TX
- Damascus Christian Church – Damascus, OR
- First Baptist Church of Boise – Boise, ID
- First Community Church of Port Orford – Port Orford, OR
- First Evangelical Free Church – Austin, TX
- Four Corners Community Church – Darien, IL
- Grace Bible Church – Houston, TX
- Grace Chapel – Wilsonville, OR
- Harbor Baptist Church – Winchester Bay, OR
- Immanuel Bible Church – Springfield, VA
- Maranatha Bible Church – San Antonio, TX
- New Life Family Church – Suffolk, UK
- Orchards Community Church – Lewiston, ID
- River West Church – Lake Oswego, OR
- Rockaway Community Church – Rockaway, OR
- Sonrise Church – Hillsboro, OR
- St. Luke the Physician Episcopal Church – Gresham, OR
- Summit Church – Boise, ID
- Sunnybrook Christian Church – Stillwater, OK
- The Simple Church – Bossier City, LA
- Trinity Presbyterian Church – Boerne, TX
- Wayside Chapel – San Antonio, TX
- Whitesburg Baptist Church – Huntsville, AL
- Willamette Christian Church – West Linn, OR
- Yamhill Christian Church – Yamhill, OR
- Fed by Bread – Austin, TX
- Freeman Motor Company – Portland, OR
- K&N Management – Austin, TX
- Mighty Fine Burgers – Austin, TX
- Passport Auto Group – Washington, DC
- Pivot Group – Portland, OR
- Pyle Financial Services – Myrtle Beach, SC
- Rudy’s BBQ – Austin, TX
- Saddleback Leather Co. – San Antonio, TX
- Sterling Communications – Portland, OR
ORGANIZATIONS AND FOUNDATIONS
- Action International
- FreeSpirit Rwanda Child
- Kenneth E. Leonard Family Foundation
- Kids Around the World
- Mission Increase
- M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust
- The Master’s Plan Foundation
- Next Generation Alliance
- New Life Threads
- Newman’s Own Foundation
- Numana, Inc.
- Palau Association
- Rock Ministries
- RSVP Trust
- Ten Talents International