Each year, Africa New Life registers 50 especially vulnerable children into the Dream Kids tutoring program, which has evolved since its establishment in 2010. The focus of this program is to help equip and prepare children for regular school attendance. These students benefit from a year of tutoring to help them catch up with their peers, as well as encouragement to develop a love for learning and desire to finish school well. During their year in the tutoring program, students further benefit from:
- Scholastic materials, school uniform, and school tuition
- Consistent nutrition through lunches on school days
- Strong relationships among their families, schools, and Africa New Life staff
- Learning stories from the Bible and about a relationship with God
- VBS programs and other fun, engaging activities that allow for spiritual growth and physical exercise
We believe that this extra year of specialized support and nurturing helps build a strong structure for success for these young lives as they continue their personal and academic journeys. At the end of their year in the program, the Dream Kids move into our regular sponsorship program, where their school fees, academic materials, access to medical care, and more are covered through individual sponsorsâ€™ support.