COMMUNICATION POLICY FOR SPONSORS AND STUDENTS
Africa New Life Ministries desires to foster healthy relationships between sponsors and students. To protect privacy, prevent miscommunication, and promote integrity, sponsors and students are required to abide by the following policy:
Communication between sponsors and students is only permitted through official Africa New Life channels.
- Sponsors may communicate to students via letter writing facilitated through their online account and/or by mailing letters directly to our Rwandan headquarters:
|STUDENT NAME, CHILD REF NUMBER||(e.g. SHYAKA FRED, KGL02090)|
|AFRICA NEW LIFE MINISTRIES|
|PO BOX 3351|
|RWANDA||(must be capitalized and on separate line)|
Please use our Africa New Life office address (7405 SW Tech Center Drive, #144, Portland, OR 97223) or your church’s address as the return address. Do not share personal details such as your address, phone number, or email address in your letters.
- Students will communicate to their sponsors by writing letters that are sent to the U.S. office. All sponsored students will initiate communication with their sponsors once a year in the form of an annual letter sent in August.
Communication outside of these official channels is not permitted. Prohibited communication includes, but is not limited to:
- Friending, following, and messaging on social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, etc.), EVEN IF you did not initiate.
- Communicating via email, phone, Skype, WhatsApp, etc.
- Communication between sponsors and students’ relatives and friends.
If communication outside of official channels is initiated, sponsors should promptly contact the U.S. office and students should promptly inform their Child Welfare Officer. Repeated violations of this policy may result in the conclusion of a sponsorship relationship.