Advocate for a Child
Lending your voice as an advocate for a child is one of the most powerful things you can do for children in Rwanda. When you recommend child sponsorship to your friends and families, you build credibility for Africa New Life that we can’t achieve without your help. When you register to advocate for a child, we will take one specific child off our sponsorship website and assign them to you for two weeks. Our hope is that you will find a sponsor for them through conversations, email, and social media. Be sure to look through the resources on this page to help you in your efforts.
Our prayer is that many children will be sponsored this year through the prayer-filled efforts of our staff, volunteers and advocates so these dream-filled children can start school in Rwanda. Thank you for joining us in this effort!
How does this work?
- Register with Africa New Life as an advocate for a specific child for one month using the form on the introduction tab of this webpage.
- Africa New Life will receive your registration and match you to a future student. You will receive anÂ emailÂ withÂ your student’s information, a link that can be used to sponsor the child, andÂ a picture of your student attached to the email, which can be used for posting on social media.
- Once you have your student’s information, think and pray through who might have interest in sponsoring this child. We encourage you to spread the word through conversations, emails to friends/family, and social media.
- If someone in your circles wants to sponsor the child, simply send them your child’s link. Once a sponsor has clicked that link and sponsored the child that you’ve advocated for, the child will be removed from the website so no one else can sponsor them.
- Celebrate! You have impacted this child in a powerful way by helping them get sponsored. Thank you!
Do I get to choose the child I advocate for?
No. Please allow Africa New Life to select a child for you. In the future, we hope to expand your choices in advocating for a child.
Can I post the child’s link to social media?
Yes. If anyone chooses to sponsor your child, the link will redirect all subsequent potential sponsors to our online sponsorship website.
Can I advocate for more than one child?
How much does it cost to sponsor a child?
$39 per month. For details on sponsorship, click here.
If you have any other questions, please call our office at 866.979.0393
- If you would like to continue to advocate for additional children, please contact Betty Krenek, Africa New Life’s advocacy coordinator and marketing manager.
- If you have a friend who would like to join in you in advocating for children, please direct them to this website using the address www.africanewlife.org/advocate
- If you think your church would be interested in learning more about Africa New Life, please contact our Church Partnerships Manager, Jeremiah Smith. You can also visit our church partnership website, www.seenewlife.org.
SIGN UP TO ADVOCATE FOR A CHILD