GO TO RWANDA
VISIT THE LAND OF A THOUSAND HILLS
Each year, hundreds of people from around the world visit Africa New Life in Rwanda – ordinary people who want to see what God is doing in Rwanda and use their gifts and abilities to serve the people there. Even more importantly, team members bring their experience back, affecting their friends, family and coworkers.
AFRICA NEW LIFE SENDS THREE TYPES OF TEAMS TO RWANDA:
- GENERAL: General service teams are organized and led by Africa New Life Ministries and include folks from all over the country.
- CHURCH: Church teams are organized and led by a specific church with the guidance of Africa New Life.
- VISION: Vision teams are organized and led by Africa New Life and are comprised of Pastors, church leaders and business leaders who are interested in seeing the work of Africa New Life first-hand and exploring a long-term partnership.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR TRIP
Your team will experience Rwanda’s culture, participate in Africa New Life’s ministries in Rwanda and visit your sponsored child or children.
Possible outings and activities include:
- New Life Family Center ministry
- Kageyo re-settlement camp
- Attend church services
- Kigali Genocide Memorial
- Basic construction or work projects
- New Life Christian Academy
- Day camps
- Children’s Homes
- Sports camps
- Prison ministry
- Village visits
We want to use your gifts, your heart and your passion in Rwanda! Each trip is created according to the dynamics of the team. During the summer months, trips are more expensive, due to the rise in airfare prices. There are a number of variables that affect the on-the-ground costs, but for the average trip of 8 days with a team of 15 people, each team member should expect to raise or pay approximately $1350 plus airfare.
If you are interested in learning more about what to expect as you prepare for your trip to Rwanda, the culture, traveling and what to expect on your trip, please download Africa New Life’s Team Trip Manual. The national language in Rwanda is English, but many in the nation speak only Kinyarwandan. If you are interested in learning Kinyarwandan, Speak Rwanda is a great resource! www.speakrwanda.com.
WHERE YOU WILL STAY: THE GUEST HOUSE
In 2006, Africa New Life opened its first guest house in Kigali. Since then, teams from around the world have enjoyed the hospitality of this house. The Guest House has eight guest rooms and four bathrooms. Meals are prepared by our skilled cook and are sure to please.
FOR MORE INFORMATION…
For information about future general, church or vision trips, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.